EFFORTS TO REACH THE UNREACHED
DID YOU KNOW?
- Japan is the 11th most populous country in the world; «
- Japan suffers 1,500 earthquakes every year; «
- Japanese is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn with three alphabets each containing its own set of distinguished characters, of which kanji has over 2,000 characters to be learned; « «
- 1 in every 6 children is living in relative poverty – a hidden crisis; «
- Volunteer based after school cafeterias are a fast growing measure to address children’s needs. « «
Our main goal is “to take a fresh expression of God’s Kingdom to society by the proclamation of the Word through words and practical love and care”.
Meet the team: Fabio + Elizabeth = Joshua, Dominique, Israel, Johann, Olivia and Annaliese. Our family is a mixture of size, hair color, birthplaces, skills and spoken languages.
Fabio and Elizabeth met in Japan where they also got married and also served there at a Latino church. They served in a Chicagoland area church called Living Word Church with a Hispanic ministry and also served in Brazil doing street evangelism and pioneering a family ministry, producing material and ministering seminars.
Below are some of the goals we have set before the Lord (being open to His lead):
- Intense study of Japanese language;
- Serve the local church in Machida city (Tokyo area). About 30 members (close to the average of 35 in the nation);
- Continue to develop material and support leaders who use our family material in Brazil;
- Continue to homeschool our 6 children (high school down to preschool).
- Move to Nagayo-cho (town of 43,000 people ) with no church;
- Open a Social Community Center / After School Club to attend a fast growing need of modern society;
- Accept up to 40 children in the first year with the goal of outreach and discipleship of them and their families;
- Involve parents and other volunteers in the programs and activities;
- Visit elderly in the community that might need assistance;
- Pray for the conversion and raising up of young future leaders and pastors who could be sent to Bible school;
- Find other creative ways and opportunities to share the Gospel and receive short/long term helpers.
This mission can only be accomplished with the involvement of God’s people.
We know that without prayer, very little can be accomplished in the Kingdom. To print a support/prayer card to remember to pray for our family, or share it with someone else, please click HERE.
Sometimes we may feel like we can’t help because we can’t afford it. But the truth is, whether it be just $30, $50 or more per month, your gift when joined with the efforts of others, makes us strong!
>> If you would like to send a check, please download the form >HERE<.
>> Or give online >HERE<.